Sunday, April 3, 2011

Transitions Blog

For my final project, I proposed to make multimedia blog about my ongoing life transitions.

As it was something new to me, I knew I'd have to experiment with platforms and construction. I considered two options. I'd been learning how to use PBWorks (a wiki platform) in another class, and I thought it might useful for something like this. I learned PBWorks technical limitations with my other project, and ended up abandoning it for the same reasons I didn't use it for this project. The other option was a combination of Flash and html. I envisioned links and other multimedia content to appear while I wasin the video blog. I thought the time for Flash work might prohibitive. What I found was that trying to use Actionscript to reference external html elements was blocked by browser security.

For content, my idea was to start with a standard video blog about the changes in my life, leading up to now and as they happen. Additional content would be items such as design projects I'm working on in school and at work, my own writing, some photojournaling of my literal and figurative journey, and links to outside online content that I reference in my narrative.

I've wanted to do a blog or video blog to document my year and a half of unemployment as it relates to the economic status of the country, as a whole. Though, I quickly realized that my content would be 95% angry and/or depressed. I think this project comes at an opportune moment for me to organize my thoughts and feelings as I come out of this state of being, hopefully into the type of life/career I've been hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment