Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ayumi never be alone






This is my first short film. Actually, during the last year of undergraduate, I once made a short film before but I didn’t want to count that one as my first because I didn’t prepare anything back then and finally it turned out not so good.
But this one, it is really my first. I wrote the screenplay and shooting script. I bought a brand new camera just for shooting this movie.
The story line was inspired by a short story written by a writer in Thailand. His name is Prabda Yoon. You can search his name in Wikipedia.org. He is well known among the readers who like to read sub-genre novels or stories, which are not mainstream. The theme in his works mostly about philosophy of living things or human life.
Ayumi Never be Alone was adapted from one of the story in one his books, Cleaning the Dead. The original title of the story is Ayumi never talk to herself.

I took the idea of a Japanese girl talking to herself because people around her seem mean to her in many ways.  Her boyfriend rarely talk to her, sometimes leave her alone, and usually call her weird when she talk to herself.  And at the end her boyfriend's friends rape her and her boyfriend got money from that.  It is really a cruel story.  So I changed it and came up with the twisted ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment