Thursday, March 31, 2011

Human Interactivity and its influence on Creativity

For my final project, I decided to go with Human interactivity and its influence on creativity because from the time I was born, I have been interacting with people from all walks of life. This interaction and exchange of information has molded me to be who I am today. Every handshake, every smile, every tear and every hug has a huge impact on me. Even when relationships fall apart or you lose a friend, there is something you take away from that experience. This is what I wanted to bring forth in this project.

For me there are three elements that I feel have influenced my work deeply. My life in college, I met my closest friends. These people I met in college are my friends, even today! I met my fiance' in college. I was a resident assistant in college and that had a tremendous impact on my life. I learned a great deal from students from different backgrounds and cultures. I was introduced to different foods. I found diversity at its best at school. I will never trade this experience for anything my whole life.

Second thing that influenced me greatly is my military life. i love the military and I am proud to serve my country. The military really pushed me to explore my boundaries. I learned my weaknesses and faced my fear. I have learned to respect my fellow soldiers and understand leadership in its true form. Am I a perfect leader? I don't think i can ever be perfect. I think there is something new we learn each day. In that aspect, I am still very much human and yes I am a leader, a leader in my own way.

And finally, my fiance', Hong, who has always been there to push me forward. We have been together for a long time and the only reason we lasted so long is because she was able to stand by my side through tough times. I learned that even at my strongest point, in front of her I was very weak. She is much younger than me, but she is far more driven. She knows how to talk to people, she knows how to build her bridges and keep them. I still have a long way to go in that aspect.

These three pieces in my life have effected my understanding of creativity greatly. This is what my piece was about. I am glad that I got to share it with all of you. i hope that we all will continue to see each other in the future and we will continue to Network! I want you to all to know that you are now a very important and diverse part of my life! Thank you for being a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment