Saturday, January 15, 2011

Boston transforms at sunset..



1/15/2011: I had been meaning to do some images of the Boston city line for sometime now. Braving the cold was part of the battle. Choosing the time to go out there and really do this was the deciding factor. Color in the sky is usually seen either at sunrise or sunset. And being that it was cold, getting up early in the morning was the last thing on my mind. So, doing this in the evening was best. Sunset times are available on google, so after I got the time I went to Cambridge by the Charles river. I was about an hour late because of traffic. I thought I missed the sunset but I think it paid off with this shot, when I was able to really capture the sunset sky in the background of the city. At times you can see the city light's come on and the colors change dramatically. For this shot I used a tripod and instead of using auto white balance I set the camera to "FL" or flourescent balance, which is why the lights in the buildings are white. The image was converted from RAW to jpg format in Lightroom 2. The only thing I touched in this image using the software was calibration. More images can be viewed here..