Thursday, January 20, 2011

Looking for Warmer Pastures

I had some trouble without a good camera and an uncooperative model. Also, I learned just how quickly red hot metal will cool.

My goal was to show the hot metal of the gas fireplace cooling. My dog (Alice), who often naps in front of the stove, usually moves to sleep by a radiator once the fire is turned out. For me, the transition was both the red metal cooling and the inevitable departure of the dog.

Unfortunately, the commotion between me turning off the fire and getting positioned for the shot made Alice think it was time to play. Also, the red hot metal faded very quickly.

What I managed to get, I think, also works. The metal is transitioning between hot and cooler, and whatever was recently on the cushion has already left because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment