Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Paul's 1st assignment

    I  cannot sleep tight during the night, it seems like jet lag still has some effects on me. When I woke up yesterday in the morning, I decided to go out, and take some pictures. And this picture was one of them, taken by my iPhone when I arrived at Snell library. 

   In my point of view, "transformation" does not only mean the changes in external factors of a given object, it also relates to the changes in observers' feeling. Just like my feeling on this picture.It's very interesting, I keep asking myself one question: can I get a specific meaning from this picture? it is cold or warm? far or close? vague or clear? still or dynamic?...

   I think we can say there are no right answers, or those answers are all reasonable but not so accurate.

      All in all, to me, transformation is a relative concept. It happens from  Past till Now, from 'far' to 'near', from 'frozen' to 'melting'... It is a process of changing rather than a particular state.

1 comment:

  1. This picture really stands out to me I think because of the overall blue color overlay. It sets (to me) a depressing/melancholy feel. It's interesting because you're right in the case that it is open to interpretation. What was your feeling/mood towards this photo?

    ReplyDelete