Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Time Based - Composition I


I chose to use a cropped wideshot for this composition assignment. I was thinking about how 'transformation' applies to people on a daily basis, and make-up and attire is definitely one of those things.
We shower, we get dressed, and go thru a personal transformation every day. In this particular case, applying primer and eyeliner before going out for an event. I decided to do it symmetrically because I did not want the audience's focus to wander around. I also chose to crop off some of the facial features to really bring in the focus to the eyes as the main subject.
As you may have noticed, one of the eyes (for each person) is finished, while the other is currently in the works of being finished (hence therefore the brush and the eyeliner pen). By taking a photo of unfinished eyes, it shows the transformation process in one photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment