Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Alice in the Snow

I was planning on putting the same text captions into my audio slideshow as I'd put in my flickr album. But, when I got the music put in, I decided the captions didn't really fit with the new mood.

I started with fade-to-white transitions, thinking it would match the snow theme, but I didn't like the result about half of the time. The cross-dissolve transitions seem kind of standard, but I liked them much better.

Also, adding the music, I heard places where the tempo or slight changes fit better with one photo or another. So, I did a lot of editing after adding audio to match up images like Alice scratching at the door and the insistent notes of the song.

'Let it Snow' starring Alice

Note: I found working with the transitions in iMovie to be very frustrating. After adding transitions, any time I'd make a change to the length of an image or length of a transition, EVERYTHING around it would change. Annoying.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I've wanted to punch iMovie in the face several times because of that.... grr i hate the lack of timeline control

    ReplyDelete