Thursday, February 3, 2011

low res pictures coming in Imovie

Hi guys!!

I have been having some trouble with IMovie! No surprise. I dragged over my images and they came in IMovie as low res. I thought that if I opened them up in photoshop and lightened them, they might look better...maybe they were too dark. Nope wrong! They still looked low res. So I went and found this forum. This guy posted this and I tried it. It sort of worked...like he said it didn't make it to 100% of the original resolution but it looks better than before. So here is what he said:

Tocam

Posts: 1
From: Australia
Registered: Sep 8, 2010
Re: Still images used in iMovie ('09) look bad, poor quality
Posted: Sep 8, 2010 3:41 AM in response to: Cory Smith1

Guys give this a try, it works for me. Although the image quality is still not the best I've seen it is much better than what I used to get.

When exporting your videos, choose the following options:

1) Export using QuickTime..
2) Click Options
3) Under "Video" setting panel, click "Settings". You will be taken to the 'Standard Video Compression Settings' window.
4) In the 'Compression Type' field, click the drop down options and select "Apple Intermediate Codec"
5) In the 'Compressor' field, set the 'Preset' to "Other", tick the "Interlaced" option and make sure the drop down field is set to "Top Field First".
6) Click OK to go back to the main Movie Settings page
7) Then 'untick' the option for 'Prepare for Internet Streaming'
8) Click OK
9) Click Save to export your movie

When I compared the videos (with still images) from this settings with my previously select settings (such as H.264), the quality of the still images are at least 90% close to the original image quality.

1 comment: