Thursday, February 3, 2011

Time Sequence Project (#1)


For this project I decided to do a miniature version of a 3-D art installation. It's just a prototype and I envision the actual pieces to be produced life-sized (larger than a human) being. The materials would consist of large vinyl panels and hollow so each piece would be light enough to be moved/shifted.

The theme of this assignment was "transformation" so I was inspired to carry that theme into the execution of the piece as well. So I decided to go for a modular art piece where each of the 8 different triangle components could be moved and shifted around to create a new experience each time it is viewed (theoretically in a large art space).

1 comment:

  1. I really dig this image that you captured! Not to mention the pieces. Can't wait to see them in class. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete