Thursday, February 24, 2011

Revised Treatment

Due to significant shortages of time and resources, I unfortunately won't be producing STAR TREK vs STAR WARS. I thought about asking Lucasfilm for $100 million, but that seems unlikely, and if I'm going to make a film, I'm going to make it right.

The alternative I've come up with is to tie in with the first project I did (A Journey in a Book) and my final project (the Norwegian Birkebeiner). So - this weekend I'm going to New Hampshire for a final peak training event skiing in the mountains. The film will go something like this:

The opening shot shows a map of the White Mountains, with the path I'm going to travel clearly visible. The camera 'flies' over the map, effectively tracing the route, and letting the viewer 'take a journey in a map' as it were.

The map fades away and is replaced by a shot of the real mountains and real ski trails. I start moving on the skis, at around sunrise. Different shots are interspersed throughout the day, as I pass the points previously seen on the map, while music plays.

The final scene is back at the lodge after the journey has been completed. The camera pans down to show the map, which has now been highlighted with the path taken.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great Dan -- and it's something personally relevant to you, which is always good!

    ReplyDelete